현재 위치

Home > ABOUT MIRYANG > History

History

Samhan Period

  • Among 24 countries in the Byeonjin region, Miryang is thought to have been a part of Mirimidongguk, and a part of Garakguk in the Byeonhan region.

Silla Period

  • 505: Mirimidongguk is annexed to Silla, made into Chuhwa-gun
  • 757: The country is divided into 9 provinces and the names of the counties were changed; Miryang was made into Milseong-gun, a part of Milju Province, with five subordinate towns

Goryeo Period

  • 995: When the country was divided into 4 territories and 10 provinces, Miryang was made into a part of Yeongdongdo Province with Gyeongju, being elevated from Milseong-gun ot Milju-gun; two countries (Changnyeong-gun, Cheongdo-gun) and four towns (Hyeonpung-hyeon, Gyeseong-hyeon, Yeongsan-hyeon, and Punggak-hyeon) were made subordinate
  • 1018: Miryang was elevated to “Milseonggunsa”
  • 1275: The rebellion of Jo-cheon made the province subordinate to Gyerim territory, later to be reinstated to be Milseong-hyeon
  • 1285: Elevated to Milseong-gun
  • 1390: Elevated to Miryang-bu

Joseon Period

  • 1392: Called Milseong-gun, then reinstated to Milseong-bu in 1394
  • 1401: Called Milseong-gun, and was changed to Miryang Dohobu during the administrative reorganization of 1415
  • 1895: In accordance with Decree No. 98, the country was divided into 36 prefectures, Miryang was made into a country under Daegu
  • 1896: Decree No. 36 made Miryang into a country under Gyeongsangnam-do Province

Modern Period

  • September 30, 1910: With the administrative order from the Japanese Government-General, Miryang was made into Miryang-myeon, Miryang-gun
  • March 1, 1914: The reorganization of the towns gave the country of Miryang-gun 12 towns
  • April 1, 1931: With the application of eup as an administrative unite, Miryang-myeon was elevated to Miryang-eup with Daejeon, Suncheon, and Andong

Contemporary Period

  • January 1, 1963: Code No. 1177 elevated Samnangjin-myeon to Samnangjin-eup
  • July 15, 1966: County Ordinance No. 103 installed Imcheon branch of Samnangjin-eup
  • July 1, 1973: Presidential Decree No. 6543 elevated Hanam-myeon to Hanam-eup
  • January 1, 1989: Code No. 4050 elevated Miryang-eup to Miryang-si (city), separating Miryang-si and Miryang-gun
  • January 1, 1995: Code No. 4774 integrated Miryang-si and Miryang-gun, creating an urban-agricultural Miryang-si
  • September 21, 1998: In accordance with Article 4, Clause 5 of Local Autonomy Act, smaller neighborhoods with less than 5,000 residents were integrated, combining Yonghwal-dong with Naeil-dong