Miryang Arirang Trail
Miryang Arirang Trail 1)
- Location/Course Name: Naeil-dong and Sammun-dong, Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Directions: Miryang IC → Yeongnamnu Pavilion
- Walking Trail Course: Miryangeupseong Fortress-Traditional Government Office-Duck Boat Pier-Sculpture Park-Sammunsongnim Forest-Outdoor Stage-Aranggak Pavilion-Mubongsa Temple- House of Park Si-chun-Cheonjingung Palace-Yeongnamnu Pavilion
Distance/Time: 6.2km / 2 hours
- Course Information: Beginning at Miryangeupseong Fortress, the trail goes to the duck boat pier, sculpture park, Sammunsongnim Forest, outdoor stage, Aranggak Pavilion, Mubongsa Temple, House of Park Si-chun, Cheongjingung Palace, and Yeongnamnu Pavilion. This urban course allows the visitors to see both the history and culture of Miryang.
Miryang Arirang Trail 2)
- Location/Course Name: Gyo-dong and Naeil-dong, Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Directions: Miryang IC → Miryang City Hall → Miryanghyanggyo Local Confucian School
- Walking Trail Course: Miryanghyanggyo Local Confucian School-Old Son Family House-City Museum-Bongsudae Beacons-Chuhwasanseong Fortress-Chunghontap Pagoda-Miryang Grand Park-City Museum
- Distance/Time: 4.2km / 2 hours
- Course Information: Beginning at the local Confucian school, the trail goes through Old Son Family House, city museum, Bongsudae Beacons, Chuhwasanseong Fortress, Chunghontap Pagoda, and the grand park, which are located in mountainous areas. This trail is walked frequently by mountain hikers, but is not too long. It is accessible from the downtown and nearby cities, and is perfect for enjoying the history of Miryang in a short amount of time.
Miryang Arirang Trail 3)
- Location/Course Name: Naeil-dong and Gagok-dong, Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Directions: Miryang IC → Yongdumok
- Walking Trail Course: Yongdumok-Geumsidang Waterside Trail-Geumsidang Pavilion, Wolyeonjeong Pavilion-Chuhwasanseong Fortress
- Distance/Time: 5.6km / 3 hours
- Course Information: This course winds through Yongdumok, Geumsidang Waterside Trail, Geumsidang Pavilion, Wolyeonjeong Pavilion, and Chuhwasanseong Fortress. In this mystic path, the visitors can feel the serene atmosphere along Miryanggang River, as well as the time-old pine tree forest and sublime scenery, in which the old Confucian scholars meditated and studied.
- Miryang City Culture and Tourism Branch (055-359-5644)
- Miryang City Tourism Information Office (055-359-5582)
Chodong Yeonga Trail
This is a place that the residents of Chodong-myeon have been grooming in their neighborhoods since 2015, with poppy flowers in full bloom from mid-May to early June, and cosmos flowers peeking out in fall, drawing many tourists.
While poppy flowers fall under Papaveraceae family, it is different from poppy that is grown to obtain opium While opiate poppy flowers have no hair and round ovary, garden poppy flowers have hair all around the straight stem, and elliptical ovary, with no or very little drug components.
Miryang Lotus Flower Complex
Miryang Lotus Flower Complex was created as a part of "Livable Region Project," and was built on a land with an area of 74,675㎡. It is designed to synergize with the beautiful Gasan Forest and Miryang Theater Village, in addition to provide a place to rest for the citizens and tourists through various lotus flowers, water plants, and insects. The visitors can observe and harvest various lotus flower plants.
- Location: Nearby Miryang Theater Village in Gasan-ri, Bubuk-myeon, Miryang-si
- Directions: Miryang City Hall ⇒ Sinchon Intersection ⇒ Route 24 (6km to Changnyeong)
- Phone: 055) 359-7176 (Miryang Agricultural Technology Center Animal Farming Technology Branch)
- Nearby Attractions: Miryang Theater Village, Wiyangmot Pond, Chuwonjae Pavilion, Yerimseowon Confucian Academy, Miryanghyanggyo Local Confucian Academy, Yeongnamnu Pavilion
Samrangjin Water Power Plant
The largest water power plant in Korea and the second one in the country, Samrangjin Water Power Plant can generate 600MW (2 x 300MW) of electricity for efficient operation of systems nearby.
In addition to power generation, the power plant is home to a beautiful scenery and comfortable environment, as well as an atmosphere that harmonizes with its surroundings.
The reservoir above the power plant is a park frequented by many tourists, and the complex has a museum that exhibits models of hydro, coal-fired, nuclear, and water power plants to promote the importance of electric energy while educating the public on power use and the effect of electricity to human life.
The museum is particularly popular among students. Also, the cherry blossom tunnel in the spring, located at the entrance to Antaeho Lake, stuns the visitors with its beauty.
The solar power plant opened in May 2008 is also a popular destination.
Location: 286, Antae-ri, Samrangjin-eup, Miryang-si
Direction: Miryang Bus Terminal → Village Shuttle Bus to Samrangjin Station (get off at Anchon Village)
- Promotion Hall: Principles of water power generation and video clips
- Underground Power Plant: For groups of 20 or more
- Online Reservation:Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power website (www.khnp.co.kr)-Community-Power Plant Tour-Water Power Plant
- Samrangjin Water Power Plant General Affairs Team: 070-4816-2130
- Promotion Hall: 070-4816-2136
- Website: Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power (www.khnp.co.kr)
- Nearby Tourist Attractions: Jagwongwanji Site, Maneosa Temple, Samrangjin Power Plant